Joe Z Mairura a Personal Profile
Joe Z Mairura director of IDP is an accomplished, experienced and resourceful senior manager; with 25 years’ service and experience in the public and non- statutory sectors. He has a track record of senior management appointments and achievements across local government (Social Services), the NHS and Third Sector. These roles have encompassed both commissioning and provider capacities.
Joe’s applicable knowledge and experience includes in brief: former Chief Executive of an award winning health social care third sector organisation (Touchstone-Leeds), Regional DH improvement agency Programme and Project Lead( East Midlands) and Service Improvement facilitation across health and social care (mental health)
Joe has extensive experience in operational management, having been responsible for the Commissioning and Care Management of Adult Social Care services for large shire Social Services and two unitary local authorities in the East and West Midlands (Leicestershire, Leicester City and Coventry).
As a value-driven manager, Joe is passionate about transforming Social Work, and health and social care and is committed to working with practitioners, managers, teams and their organisations to realise the delivery of tangible and demonstrable outcomes for users, carers or family members and customers. He is committed to realising ‘value streams’ for consumers, the reduction of waste, and keen to operate at the interface between public health and social care policy, strategy and operational delivery.
Joe is an applied strategic thinker with a demonstrable track record of successful change management, organisational development, and performance management within Social Services, the NHS and the Third Sector. He is passionate about, the interface between people, practice, systems and organisational transformation in order to promote and support innovation in Social Work in particular, and health and social care in general.
Together with Associates, IDP has the following skills set at your disposal and benefit:
- Senior Management in Social Services (Adult Services)
- Working with Elected Members within local authority committee structures
- Board level skills within the NHS and Third Sector
- Senior Management in Third Sector
- Joint working across the NHS, local government (social services), independent and third sectors
- Training and development in cross-cultural practice within health and social care(mental health)
- Service and resource management
- Budgetary control and management
- Service Improvement and Redesign
- Feasibility studies within health and social care delivery(mental health)
- Organisational Development
- People and Systems Management
- Project and Programme Management and delivery
- Service Auditing & Review
- Strategy Development
- Conflict Resolution & ‘Bridge Building’
- Cross and intra-organisational navigation
- Ability to communicate to a variety of audiences both verbally and in writing, and to express complex/technical matters in plain and accessible language